Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

God is Seasonal

Scricture: Leviticus 26:3-4 ‘If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them, (4) then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.'

Observation: It is important for us to recognize the use of the word 'season' in this context. So many have been led to believe that when God speaks of giving us physical blessings that He always means that we will become rich and have more than we could ever need. While this may be true in some cases, it is short sighted to assume that this is how God always functions. Here, God's promise is that He will give rain in its season, not always. He goes on to say that threshing will last till vintage and vintage until sowing. There is no overflow in this particular promise; but the is certainly no lack!
It seems to me that God wanted them to know the seasons for a reason. Perhaps so none of God's blessing would go to waste. Not one rainy day would come without God's kids being prepared for it; not one harvest without His children waiting in anticipation to pull it in!

Application: As a follower of this great God who has promised to supply all my needs according to His riches in glory, I must prayerfully take stock of the Promises of God for my life. God is seasonal. There are times His promise is to bring me through the rain, others when He has provided more than I could ever think to ask for sothat I may be a blessing to someone in a different season.
I must not be wasteful of God's seasonal provision. I do this when I complian in hard times or when I think I was the one who brought the blessing to my life. I have been given a great blessing above all material things; to serve a God who loves me and knows what is best for me! I count it pure joy no matter what season I may be in, knowing that God has a good plan to make me more like Him through every season!

Prayer: Father, You are so good to me all the time! Thank You for Your perfect provision in my life! I commit to look for a way to honor You in every season in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment