Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Freedom Perspective

Lev 10-13 & Acts 16
S- Acts 16:36-37 'So the keeper of the prison reported these words to Paul, saying, "The magistrates have sent to let you go. Now therefore depart, and go in peace."
37 But Paul said to them, "They have beaten us openly, uncondemned Romans, and have thrown us into prison. And now do they put us out secretly? No indeed! Let them come themselves and get us out."'

O- What has never struck me about this great story of God jailbreaking Paul & Silas is the profound fact that after all the great things that happened that night in the gaurd's house, they seem to have returned to their jail cells. The following morning they're just hangin out in prison when the order comes to set them free.
This is amazing to me! First of all, a new friend is made who was about to kill himself because he knew that his prisoners escape would get him killed anyway. Paul & Silas must have taken that into account, deciding to give up their earthly freedom to save the life of a friend.
Second, their action speaks a great deal about their perspective of freedom. They had already been set free, so what they were doing was just hangin with a pal; they were not prisoners any more!

A- I wonder how many times God has set us free of things and yet we decide to stay in jail because we can't see our freedom.
I wonder how many times I would be willin to have my own earthly freedoms bound for the life of another.
I must get a more Godly perspective on freedom! He who the Son sets free is free indeed!!! No matter what the world around you says!
If you can get tht right perspective, the world will come thinking they are ready to do you a favor and set you free and you can take a note from Paul & Silas & remind the worl of what Kingdom you happen to be a citizen!

P- God, I know You have set me free! I will not look at my life the way the world does! I bind myself to You & Your will for me!
Thank You for my freedom!
Amen

'The highest form of worship toward God is obediance' -Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment