Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Prophecy Comes From...

Isaiah 50:4-5 "The Lord God has given Me the tongue of disciples, That I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple. 5 The Lord God has opened My ear; And I was not disobedient Nor did I turn back."

At first glance these two verses jumped out at me and I began to pray, 'Yes God, speak to me. Give me the words to speak to the weary. Open my ears! I will not rebel." I was thinking along the lines of believing God to receive prophetic words from Him for those I minister to. This prayer is healthy, but as I looked again I realized there is a completely different level of power on these words than what I originally thought.

I had missed that all of the references to 'me' or 'my' were capitalized...implying they are actually spoken from the perspective of the Messiah. These are the words of Jesus saying they He has been given the words to speak to the weary.

Jesus is the Word of God, & here He says He has been given the words for the weary, therefore the word to the weary is simply The Word of God! This is a solid reminder that as I seek to minister in God's Kingdom and comfort those that are weary, I do not need to feel responsible to wait for some new prophetic word from God. All I need is the Word I already have! Jesus has been given the word for the weary, & then He passed them right on to us!



No comments:

Post a Comment